Blake and I became partners on Monday, May 31, 2017 at The Seeing eye®, Morristown, New Jersey. He is a male black German Shepherd with tan paws and black stripes running up each of his toes.
- Birthday: February 23, 2015
- Heitght: 25.5"
- Weight: 70lbs.
Blake loves to play fetch, cuddle and be groomed. Words that best describe him are beautiful, Quick, intelligent, loyal, obedient, clever, affectionate and happy.
Legacy of Love
|Orlon||January 23, 1983||May 19, 1984||May 19, 1994||July 8, 1994|
|Andy||September 5, 1992||May 22, 1994||June18, 1999||July 3, 2001|
|Wanetta||May 11, 1997||June 20, 1999||December 1, 2005||December 4, 2005|
|Garron||July 28, 2005||July 25, 2007||March 18, 2015|
- The Seeing Eye, Inc.
- Located in Morristown, New Jersey, the Seeing Eye® is the oldest dog guide school in North America. It was founded in 1929; thanks to the pioneering efforts of Dorothy Harrison Eustis, Elliott Humphrey, Morris Frank and Willi Ebeling.
- Reward & Correction
- The teaching methods The Seeing Eye uses to educate a dog to act as a guide are based on a system of reward and correction. Students at The Seeing Eye are taught proper methods for disciplining their dog when necessary and to praise the dog often for work well done.
- The Reading Room
- Come explore the history of The Seeing Eye. Many books and articles have been written about The Seeing Eye and its mission to enhance the independence, dignity, and self-confidence of blind people through the use of Seeing Eye dogs.
- Dog Gone Humor
- The breeds in service as Seeing Eye dogs include German Shepherds, Labrador Retrievers (black, chocolate & yellow), golden Retrievers and Golden Lab crosses. But have you ever wondered about breeds that did not make it as Seeing Eye dogs...